I hope this message finds you in good health! I want to connect with you to let you know how things will affect your upcoming massage experience.
The Stay at Home order concluded May 8th, and my office mates and I are following sanitation protocol and masks guidelines from the Department of Regulatory Agencies for our professions.
New Massage Therapy Guidelines
We follow sanitation protocol and are using EPA approved germicidal to disinfect surfaces, but please know that until there is a vaccination/ the virus has been eradicated, you are at risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Please heed this warning seriously. I am happy to keep our appointment under specific guidelines:
1. Unless medically exempt, face mask is required when entering and exiting the building. I will also be wearing a face mask to protect you. Due to CDPHE/DORA & ABMP guidelines, face masks must be worn while you are being treated. Read more: What kind of mask should I wear?
2. We have a “no-waiting room” now. Once you arrive, please stay in your car and text me to let me know you are waiting. I’ll text you once my treatment area is cleared and cleaned. The doors to our office suite will be propped open for you to walk right in.
3. We may do your screening* and intake over the phone, before your appointment.
4. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you arrive and also before you leave.
5. Temperature checks are mandatory before your session is to take place. I have a temporal no-contact thermometer for this.
6. If you feel sick, please stay home. If this is the case, reach out as soon as possible to let me know so I can try to fill the time slot. I will be waiving the 24 hour late cancellation fee for sickness.
Please let me know if you are anyone you’ve been around for the past 2 weeks have experienced any of these symptoms:
- new loss of smell and/or taste
- shortness of breath
- dry cough (that is not allergies)
- muscle pain
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
Let’s be on the safe side and reschedule when you’re feeling better. Thank you!!
Precautions we are Taking
I have researched different methods of cleaning and sanitation and how long the COVID-19 stays on surfaces. Here is a list of things I am doing for your safety and to reduce possible exposure:
- I will be wearing a mask 100% of the time I am present with you.
- I sanitize my hands before and after your appointment, after I handle laundry, etc.
- I sanitize the face cradle, massage table and surfaces in the massage room between sessions.
- My team and I are sanitizing all hard surfaces, door handles, light switches, credit card machine before and after every appointment.
- We run HEPA filters to clean the air in each massage room.
If you wish to reschedule, or if you prefer to keep your appointment, I completely support your decision.
Thank you for your understanding and support through this strange time we are living in.
Tina Tongen, Tongen Touch Massage Therapy and Powerful Restorative Practices
I now offer online sessions of yoga, meditation, movement, and self-care. You might be surprised how effective and online session can be! Check them out here.