Yoga Teacher and Massage Therapist in Denver & Boulder
Hi there! I’m Tina Tongen, licensed massage therapist with an Associate Degree in Occupational Studies, Master Practitioner in Phenomenal Touch Massage, and certified yoga teacher. I use advanced massage therapy techniques and yoga principles to relieve stress, neck, shoulder, and back pain, and I teach simple tools to reconnect you with how good it is to be in a healthy, happy body!
Read about my Applied Experience, Reviews, Locations
25 years of yoga practice (listening + moving with breath & body awareness) has helped me to respond to stress in a healthier way. When I offer massage therapy, I bring the principles of yoga into each session to help my clients too.
Here are the basics of what I’ve learned from my practice of yoga:
- Listen. Sense how my breath is moving (or not moving) through my body.
- Notice. Notice where I experience pain or tightness and where I experience space and ease.
- Rest. Move with connection to the feedback from my body, so moving feels good!
- Engage. Stretch myself into the edge of what is uncomfortable while I rest into the stability and strength I already have.
- Notice. Meet my new edge with breath and body awareness as I notice where I feel pain or tightness and where I feel space and ease.
- Breathe and rest as I engage to awaken and integrate new strength.
- Rest. Do nothing but rest for a few minutes to allow my neurological system to recalibrate at this new level.
This approach allows me to meet my edges with more ease. My intention is to grow skill and awareness to meet challenges not only in my body but also in my mental and emotional awareness. That’s what yoga is about.
I offer the practice of yoga in every session to help you attune to your system so you feel your best. I know that we are physical, emotional, intelligent beings that require both science and spirit to respond to life with effectiveness. My practice of massage therapy brings together advanced therapeutic methods such as Trigger Point Therapy, myofascial release, craniosacral therapy, sometimes stillness, and sometimes movement to reconnect parts of your body that have been disconnected or hijacked by pain.
I can help you experience more ease and good health.
-> Are you experiencing chronic pain and wonder if it’s from patterns of habitual strain?
-> Do you want simple tools to relax, let go of stress, and feel awesome in your body?
I’d love to welcome you as a new client. My practice Tongen Touch Massage Therapy offers advanced massage therapy techniques + yoga principles of breath & body awareness with movement to address patterns of strain so you feel your best.
Want to read more? Here’s How I Can Help You
Relaxation invites healing.– Tina Tongen, yoga teacher & master massage therapist