Tongen Touch™ Massage Therapy in Tallahassee, Florida is located a mile north of Lake Ella, right off of John Knox Rd, in the office park across from Truesdell Pool. We’re in Abundance Wellness Center.
POWERFUL RESTORATIVE MASSAGETina Tongen, LMT, AOS, CYT, is a Licensed Massage Therapist with an Associate’s Degree in Occupational Studies, Certified Yoga Teacher, and Master Practitioner in Phenomenal Touch Massage. Her practice, Tongen Touch™ Massage Therapy, specializes in providing powerful restorative massage and practices that relieve stress and restore health with neuromuscular massage techniques and simple yoga principles. She’s returned to Tallahassee to be close to family after 13 years studying yoga, massage therapy, meditation, dance, and other wellness practices in the communities around Boulder and Denver, Colorado.
Yoga principles offer simple ways to reconnect with how good it is to be in a healthy, happy body, and I can help you get there!
– Tina Tongen, yoga teacher and master massage therapist
Read about the evolution of Tongen Touch™ here.
BODYWORK SESSION DESCRIPTIONS
TONGEN TOUCH™ INTEGRATIVE SESSION
Receive attuned bodywork that listens to both the physical & the energetic to reconnect your whole body and relieve pain.
After an intake and discussion of your specific needs, Tina will craft your session to address symptoms and underlying causes of pain. Treatment is based on listening to your nervous system to unravel the stress response so that you may experience more resilience and longer-lasting healing.
Treatment techniques pull from the range of Tina’s 13 years of offering massage therapy + yoga and includes breathe + body awareness, Phenomenal Touch Massage, soft tissue normalization, deep-tissue massage, thai massage, active and passive stretching, etc.
Benefits of Tongen Touch™ Integrative Massage:
- receive soft tissue therapy and nervous system integration
- experience attuned bodywork that lasts beyond your session
- build breath + body awareness to increase resilience to stress
- release chronic pain and tension
MANUAL THERAPY, DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE, ORTHOPEDIC, AND MEDICAL MASSAGE
Treats conditions such as headaches, migraines, chronic neck pain, eye strain, tinnitus, TMJ, whiplash/car accident injuries, shoulder injuries, low back pain, knee pain, ankle pain, etc. Trigger Point Therapy techniques may be applied using a powerful Trigger Point Therapy device that returns function to the muscle more efficiently.
Benefits of Manual Therapy:
- calm muscle spasms
- gently flush out swelling
- release chronic muscle tension
- stretch shortened muscles & tendons
- decompress joints
- normalize musculoskeletal system
- restore pain-free movement
THE OCEAN SESSION
Imagine being carried in an ocean of supportive energy that allows you to breathe and rest as patterns of pain and guarding dissolve.
A completely unique modality inspired by Mama Ocean, Phenomenal Touch Massage embraces your body in a 3-dimensional dance of reverence. Receive specific bodywork and whole-body stretching while being lifted, rocked, and draped in master-level integrative bodywork that honors your divine connection with the Universe.
Nurture your inner experience with deep listening that invites you return home to your body. Truly magical to experience!
Benefits of The Ocean Session:
- receive fluid & spontaneous bodywork
- experience being stretched and rocked with attunement to your body
- rest within
- allow deep healing
- land in peace and ease
WHOLE BODY STRETCH
Active + passive Assisted Stretching to get you moving more freely! Want flexibility & mobility? Reduce muscle stress during workouts & daily activities, support engagement of muscles and joint health, improve posture coordination, prevent age-induced physical limitation, reduce risk of injuries, improve performance, reduce pain. Coaching on Self-Care to maintain your health is included. *Please wear loose-fitting/stretchy clothes.
Benefits of Whole Body Stretch:
- increase flexibility & mobility
- reduce muscle stress during workouts & daily activities
- support joint lubrication
- improve posture & coordination
- prevent age-induced physical limitation
- support activation & engagement of muscles
- reduce risk of injuries
- improve performance
No stress, just sweet rest. Receive a light session designed to restore your nervous system to promote health and wellness. Includes energy work, craniosacral therapy, and gentle massage therapy.
Benefits of Center In:
- reduce stress and anxiety
- boost immune system
- decrease blood pressure
- improve sleep quality
- relax and reset your nervous system
Life as you know it may be falling apart and you’re able to be kind to yourself and others. You’re a bit shaky as you feel your experience, but there’s a kind, warm blanket of awareness that protects you. You acknowledge your desire to hold on to the good things and your tension that things are slipping away. You notice the constriction in your lungs and heart. And it’s okay. You breathe, sense, and land deeper. You’re here, now.
You have “all the things” and you have it all together on the outside… or you don’t. It doesn’t matter.
It doesn’t matter how much you have or don’t have…
Are you able to Receive the Nourishment you need to be healthy?
Tongen Touch 3-Month Program is designed to build your foundation in unconditional self-love.
Your sense of security and worth is essential. It doesn’t need to change based on outside circumstances. The Universe loves you, you love yourself no matter what, and you love the world.
Benefits of Tongen Touch 3-Month Program:
- receive support and guidance to feel your experience again
- discover motivation to take good care of yourself
- allow deeper healing to happen
- build your foundation on inner-security
The Tongen Touch™ 3-Month Program is a somatic awareness program based on reconnecting with your breath and body. It is intended to provide the consistent support needed to move through amnesia that can happen between the mind and the body, and the pain this can cause. You will receive support and guidance to sense and move through pain and tension within weekly sessions of Tongen Touch™ bodywork. Tina will help you develop your tools of breath and body awareness and build your inner connection upon simple self-care practices that involve acknowledging your body and your breath. This work is based on felt sensation as present-moment experience as we track the wisdom of your body, and is not intended as talk therapy. In cases where talk therapy is needed, Tina will recommend those therapists to support you as well.
Contact Tina to find out more.
ADD-ONS TO BODYWORK
AROMATHERAPY ESSENTIAL OILS
Anti-inflammatory & antioxidant benefits that essential oils provide can be added to only the beginning of your session or full session whole-body.
Benefits of Aromatherapy Essential Oils:
- Rose: uplifts, moisturizes and heals skin, anxiety, depression, laxative, cramping & nausea
- Orange-Vanilla: energizes, lymphatic & blood flow, collagen production, anti-aging
- Lavender: calms anxiety, restlessness, insomnia
- Comforting Pine Blend (w Chamomile & Lavender): flushes joint stiffness, arthritis, eczema, psoriasis, injuries, bloating & congestion, quickens metabolism
Massage cupping can be added to any session, and is particularly good with Sports Massage or Clinical Massage Therapy to speed healing.
Massage Cupping is a modern adaptation of the ancient art of cupping therapy. While massage is performed by applying pressure, cupping instead uses negative pressure to pull, lift, open and expand the body’s soft tissues and fascia. Cupping can stimulate the healing response, revitalize the tissues with blood flow, and help remove toxins for faster recovery.
Cupping can be added to Center In relaxing massage therapy to promote body wellness through detoxification, circulatory, and lymphatic massage to help the body metabolize fat and cellulite.
Benefits of Cupping Therapy:
- boost circulation of blood and lymph
- relieve tension
- flush swelling & toxins out
- firm the skin
- stimulate the body’s healing response
INFRA-RED AMETHYST BIOMAT
Rejuvenate fully on this Amethyst pad that produces Far Infrared and Negative Ions.
Benefits of the Amethyst Biomat :
- relieve pain & joint stiffness
- reduce stress & anxiety
- boost immune system
- regulate hormones
- improve circulation
- speed healing of joints & soft tissue
- induce deep delta state of relaxation
Read more about the Amethyst Biomat here.
BROAD-SPECTRUM CBD OIL PAIN BALM
Broad-spectrum CBD Oil Pain Balm includes Arnica & Calendula to help you find relief for sore muscles and joints, and ultimate relaxation! Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Safflower Oil, Bees Wax, CBD Oil, Arnica, Calendula, Vitamin E, Natural Essential Oils.
Benefits of CBD Pain Balm:
- relieve sore muscles
- reduce inflammation
- calm nervous system
- Spot-Treatment CBD (10mg each) Book any session and you’ll be given the option to add-on one or more spot-treatments of CBD oil to your massage!
- CBD Herbal Massage (50mg) Book the CBD Herbal Massage: a therapeutic non-psychoactive massage using high-quality, locally-produced broad-spectrum CBD-infused oil. The CBD oil offers pain relief, relaxation, and anti-inflammatory benefits. CBD herbal massages help to relieve stress, fibromyalgia, arthritis, muscle pain, tension, inflammation, anxiety, and insomnia so you get deeper rest.
- Vanilla-Jasmine CBD Pain Balm, 2 oz (100mg) Purchase just the product. Schedule a pick-up today!
DRY SKIN BRUSHING
You keep the brush. An Ayurvedic tradition where a natural bristle brush is used to promote lymphatic circulation and increase health.
Benefits of Dry Brushing:
- smooth skin
- create a healthy glow
- strengthen immune system
- reduce inflammation
- help digestion
- clear pores
- reduce cellulite
- increase cell renewal
- prevent premature aging
- stimulate natural energy in the body
Massage Services for Events:
Performed in a specially designed chair with your clothes on, chair massage is excellent for relaxation and therapeutic work. Therapy can include specific triggers point and normalization of soft tissue, stretching, decompressing joints, reiki and energy work, etc.
Benefits of Chair Massage:
- lower anxiety
- increase circulation
- boost immune system
- lower blood pressure
- relieve muscle pains and headaches
- decrease stress
- improve sleep quality
- generate more flexibility
Book 1 – 5 Hours for:
- Corporate Wellness Events
- Client Appreciation Parties
- Employee Perk! Chair Massage Fridays
- Company Health Fairs
- Health and Networking Events
Contact Tina to schedule chair massage in Tallahassee for your event.