As we’ve all heard by now, research shows that people who have no symptoms can spread COVID-19. Preventative health requires us to wear a non-medical face mask in public to minimize the spread of the virus.
What Kind of Face Mask Should I Wear?
- Be clean and in good repair
- Fit snugly, but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secure
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be able to be laundered and machine dried
- Be on the wearer’s face
- Be laundered on a daily basis
MASKS SHOULD NOT:
- Have anything hanging off the facial covering that would create a food safety hazard.
- Have holes or tears.
- Masks should not be shared with others.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Should cloth masks be washed? How regularly?
Yes. They should be routinely washed depending on the frequency of use. A washing machine should suffice in properly washing a face covering.
How does one safely remove a used cloth mask?
Individuals should be careful not to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth when removing their face covering and wash hands immediately after removing.