We are physical, emotional, intelligent beings that require both science and spirit to respond to life with effectiveness. My practice, Tongen Touch Massage Therapy in Denver and Boulder, CO, brings together advanced therapeutic methods such as Trigger Point Therapy, myofascial release, craniosacral therapy, sometimes stillness and sometimes movement to reconnect parts of your body that have been disconnected or hijacked by pain, so you’ll feel your best.
No need to be intimidated, you won’t be asked to contort yourself into uncomfortable positions! Rather, we will work together with your body and your breath to move in ways that actually feel good for you! As you practice listening and responding to your body and breath it will naturally guide you to better health.
And the benefits of your session last longer.
I offer the practice of yoga in every Manual Therapy and Massage session to help you attune to your system so you build the skills to continue to feel your best.
25 years of practice using breath and body awareness empowers me to feel connected and responsive to change while amplifying my energy and creativity.
Here are the basics of what I’ve learned from my practice of yoga:
- Listen. Sense how my breath is moving (or not moving) through my body.
- Notice. Notice where I experience pain or tightness and where I experience space and ease.
- Rest. Move with connection to the feedback from my body, so moving feels good!
- Engage. Stretch myself into the edge of what is uncomfortable while I rest into the stability and strength I already have.
- Notice. Meet my new edge with breath and body awareness as I notice where I feel pain or tightness and where I feel space and ease.
- Breathe and rest as engaging to awaken and integrate new strength.
- Rest. Do nothing but rest for a few minutes to allow my neurological system to recalibrate at this new level.
This approach allows me to meet my edges to grow skill and awareness with more ease. I use it to meet challenges not only in my body, but also in my mental and emotional awareness. That’s what yoga is about.
I’ll help you build these skills, too: resting into your breath and moving with body awareness so you experience more ease and good health.
-> Are you experiencing chronic pain and wonder if it’s from patterns of habitual strain?
-> Do you want simple tools to relax, let go of stress, and feel awesome in your body?
I’d love to welcome you as a new client. My practice Tongen Touch Massage Therapy offers advanced massage therapy techniques + yoga principles of breath & body awareness with movement to address patterns of strain so you feel your best.
Want to read more? Here’s How I Can Help You